Sour Meadmaker Clone Recipe
Batch Size - 5 Gallon/19L
OG - 1.034
FG - 1.000
ABV - 5.1
4 lbs wildflower honey
48 fl oz raspberry juice
1 fl oz lime juice
Enough Water to Make the Final Volume 5 Gallons
1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
5 Campden Tablets (if desired)
5 packets QA23 Yeast
1 packet/vial Lactobacillus Planatarum
Step by Step
- Combine the first five ingredients with the water at 92°F (33°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
- Either sulfite with campden tablets and wait 24 hours or go on to the next step
- Add the yeast and bacteria as recommended by the manufacturer
- Maintain the fermentation at about 86 degrees fahrenheit
- Bottle (with priming sugar) or keg when bubbling has completely stopped (should be 8-10 days).
- Enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew