We know that “Ricky the Meadmaker” and “hard at work” have never appeared in the same sentence before, but we’re serious. He’s been putting in twenty hours a week for over a month on something he’ll only refer to as “The Feast.”
Here’s what we know:
- It really is a secret. Ricky says that fewer than thirty people know anything about it and that no one, not even the staff, knows exactly what he’s working on. (Obviously, no longer true after this article is published.)
- Something he’s building requires an axe.
- Ricky’s been sourcing actual linen paper. This is only unusual since he traditionally exclusively writes on sheep vellum.
- Whatever it is, we don’t think it’s happening at the meadery.
- Ricky just requested a list of all of our Pint Club members.
- He promises to give more details over the next few weeks.
That’s it. Keep checking the blog and social media for more information.
Let customers speak for us1176 reviews
Golden apple of Discord is my new favorite mead from Groennfell. The apple combined with the other notes really mixes for a delicious drink that goes down smooth. The longer you roll it on the tongue the better it gets. I usually don't finish a whole bottle but I couldn't help it with this! Do yourself a favor and pick up a case!
This 1 was fantastic! Got 2 bottles alongside a bottle of delicious Heggir! 😋 Golden Apple or Discord is basically Vanir, which is always good, but blended with some rather tasty apple goodness! I thoroughly enjoyed it! If & when it comes back around, I highly recommend grabbing yourself a bottle...or 3! 😅
This one has the intro of Valkyries Choice but has a nice Oak woodsy finish to it. It has a pleasant small too, almost like oak wood barrel and champagne together. Could be the combination with the honey. It’s smooth and delightful!
Although I can't say that this is quite as good this time around as the last time (the maple sweetness wasn't as pronounced as last time), it's still quite good and if you love ginger! I have still enjoyed drinking it.
It is delicious. The spice gives hints of nutmeg and the finish give hints of pumpkin pie, cozy celebrations with good company.