Buckland is one of our all-time favorite meads which makes an appearance on May Day, then hangs out until autumn arrives.
Buckland Clone Recipe
Batch Size - 5 Gallon/19L
OG - 1.036
FG - .998
ABV - 4.8
5 lbs wildflower honey
Enough water to make the final volume 5 gallons
1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
5 packets D47 Yeast
2 oz. Green rooibos looseleaf tea Tea
2 oz. Lemon Juice
Step by Step
- Combine the first four ingredients with the water at 92°F (33°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
- Add the yeast as recommended by the manufacturer
- Maintain the fermentation at about 86 degrees fahrenheit
- After fermentation completes, steep the Green Rooibos at 185 degrees for 20 minutes making about two pints of tea.
- Bottle (with priming sugar) or keg when bubbling has completely stopped (should be 8-10 days).
- Enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew
Don't want to wait? You can order Buckland online and have it shipped right to your door in most of the US!