Howdy campers! Instagram user Moxbluvalkyrie sent us this incredible recipe for a BBQ sauce made from ourown Chaos Cyser and we figured we ought to share it with you!
2 tsp neutral cooking oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
12 oz Chaos Cyser
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup organic ketchup (or tomato sauce)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp honey
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp black pepper
Garlic Peri-Peri Sauce to taste
Salt to taste
1. Sauté diced onions in cooking oil over medium-high heat in deep sauce pan until softened (roughly 4 minutes)
2. Once onions are softened, add a splash or two (roughly 1/2oz) Chaos Cyser to deglaze the pan.
3. Lower heat to medium-low. Add the rest of the Chaos Cyser, the brown sugar, ketchup (or tomato sauce), apple cider vinegar, honey, cumin, garlic powder and black pepper and stir to mix well together. Simmer to reduce. Add Peri-Peri sauce if using. Once the mixture has thickened to your liking, remove from the stove. Allow to cool briefly.
4. Use an immersion blender to blend the beer barbecue sauce to a smooth consistency or transfer to a food processor (be careful - either allow it to cool down or if still hot, work in batches).
5. Taste the finished sauce and season with salt as needed. Transfer to a container. The sauce will keep well refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.