Wild Hunt is our fall seasonal, it was originally developed by senior brewer Nate Palm.
Wild Hunt Clone Recipe
Batch Size - 5 Gallon/19L
OG - 1.044
FG - 1.002
ABV - 5.8
7.5 lbs wildflower honey
64 fl oz cranberry juice
32 fl oz orange juice
1 cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods
Enough Water to Make the Final Volume 5 Gallons
1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
5 Campden Tablets (if desired)
5 packets QA23 Yeast
Step by Step
- Combine the first six ingredients with the water at 92°F (33°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
- Either sulfite with campden tablets and wait 24 hours or go on to the next step
- Add the yeast as recommended by the manufacturer
- Maintain the fermentation at about 86 degrees fahrenheit.
- Bottle (with priming sugar) or keg when bubbling has completely stopped (should be 8-10 days).
- Enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew
Don't want to wait? You can order Wild Hunt online and have it shipped right to your door in most of the US!