Our Blueberry Iced Coffee mead. Brewed in collaboration with Runamok Maple, and in memory of our Senior Brewers stepfather.
Bright Eyed Clone Recipe
Batch Size - 5 Gallon/19L
OG - 1.050
FG - 1.008
ABV - 5.8
7.5 lbs wildflower honey
64 fl oz blueberry juice
1 oz Maltodextrin
1 cinnamon stick
2 oz maple syrup
Vanilla extract to taste
Cold brew coffee to taste
Enough Water to Make the Final Volume 5 Gallons
1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
5 Campden Tablets (if desired)
5 packets Yeast
Step by Step
- Combine the first nine ingredients with the water at 92°F (33°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
- Either sulfite with campden tablets and wait 24 hours or go on to the next step
- Add the yeast as recommended by the manufacturer
- Maintain the fermentation at about 86 degrees fahrenheit
- Add vanilla extract and coffee to taste
- Bottle (with priming sugar) or keg when bubbling has completely stopped (should be 8-10 days).
- Enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew