Ricky's Mead Brew Journal - Week of 6/13 - Leaking Brite

Ricky's Mead Brew Journal - Week of 6/13 - Leaking Brite

Ricky the Meadmaker
2 minute read

These are all of Ricky’s actual notes on our meadery operation and the mead we make. There might be profanity, usually of the late 19th Century variety. The only redactions are to remove the names of people and businesses when deemed appropriate. Footnotes provided by Jess and Kelly.

Valkyrie’s Choice seems to have decided it wants to be .998. I can live with that, but I’d prefer .996 like usual.

Valkyrie’s is still .998, chilling looks like it’s going to take 20 hours. I should remember that for future carbing. Going a little low on the carb to start so we can make adjustments on the fly.

WHAT A DAY! A pallet and a half of VC completed in 40 minutes, then the Summerfest labels arrived, then we got over 400 packages out the door by 2PM.

Oh, and there’s a new leak on the brite. I think I can fix it when we clean it next time.
I don't even know what kind of gasket is in there, but it's mostly yeast and not mead

I need to insulate under the brite.

Reprogrammed the keg cleaner throughout the day. Finally thought to throw some clear kegs on it and found that I need to add a step after each purge to allow the kegs themselves to come to 0 PSI. This will mean starting at step one and reprogramming from the beginning, but I have all of the hard work done. Please do this on Monday, Ricky!

« Back to Blog